The CSEF is an annual payment to the school to be used towards camps, sports and/or excursion expenses for the benefit of the eligible student.
- Primary school student rate: $125 per year.
- Secondary school student rate: $225 per year.
For ungraded students, the rate payable is determined by the student’s date of birth. For more information, see: www.education.vic.gov.au/csef
Year 7 government school students who are CSEF recipients are also eligible for a uniform voucher. Secondary schools are required to make applications on behalf of parents so please register your interest at the school.
Criteria 1 – Eligibility
To be eligible* for the fund, a parent or legal guardian of a student attending a registered Government or non-government Victorian primary or secondary school must:
- on the first day of Term one, or;
- on the first day of Term two;
- Be an eligible beneficiary within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004, that is, be a holder of Veterans
Affairs Gold Card or be an eligible Centrelink Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holder, OR
- Be a temporary foster parent, and;
- Submit an application to the school by the due date.
* A special consideration eligibility category also exists. For more information, see: www.education.vic.gov.au/csef
Parents who receive a Carer Allowance on behalf of a child, or any other benefit or allowance not income tested by Centrelink,
are not eligible for the CSEF unless they also comply with one of (a) or (b) above.
Criteria 2 - Be of school age and attend school in Victoria
School is compulsory for all Victorian children aged between six and 17 years of age inclusive.
For the purposes of CSEF, students may be eligible for assistance if they attend a Victorian registered primary or secondary school. Typically, these students are aged between five and 18 years inclusive.
CSEF is not payable to students attending pre-school, kindergarten, home schooled, or TAFE.
For concession card holders CSEF eligibility will be subject to the parent/legal guardian’s concession card being successfully validated with Centrelink on the first day of either term one or term two. Download
the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) - Application Form